Latest news updates

  • 27 Mar 2017

    Did you think I’d crumble? Did you think I’d lay down and die?

    B2B Expert Tim Brooks to speak at MAGFEST Tim Brooks, former CEO of The BMJ (British Medical Journal), looks at how B2B publishers channelled their inner Gloria Gaynor to get beyond print and back into growth. A success story that many consumer publishers could learn from. Tim Brooks launched his own B2B business, Media Week […]

  • 07 Mar 2017

    One company’s ‘blueprint’ for magazine media to thrive

    Yes, magazine media companies can thrive at a time dominated by large platforms sucking 80 per cent of digital advertising spend out of the ecosystem leaving countless others scrapping it out over the remaining 20 per cent. It boils down to strength of connections allowing brands to monetise across an increased number of touch points, […]

  • 21 Feb 2017

    How prepared are you for another fundamental shift in how your audiences behave?

    Putting more emphasis on consumers’ behavioural shifts and not only thinking of the technological shifts is fundamental for publishers to survive another period of what will be “tumultuous change”. “The transition to the web and then to mobile has been harsh on publishers. The transition to Zero UI (screen-less interaction), augmented reality (AR)/virtual reality (VR), […]

  • 16 Feb 2017

    Senior executives from some of Ireland’s leading publishers give their reaction to the February 2017 ABC Ireland Report

    The ABC Ireland figures were released today 16 February 2017. The figures cover the period to 31 December 2016 and are based on circulation for the magazine in print and, where available, also incorporate circulation data for digital editions. Commenting on the report Grace Aungier, CEO, Magazines Ireland said, “Today’s ABC report serves as a reminder of […]

  • 16 Feb 2017

    Marie Claire launches new distribution channel

    Marie Claire is harnessing the power of its new Fabled by Marie Claire beauty business to bring tens of thousands of new readers to the magazine during 2017, says the company.   Justine Southall: “This is an intelligent distribution strategy for Marie Claire.”   Fabled by Marie Claire customers, both online and in store, will […]

  • 15 Feb 2017

    FIPP – The Ad Market Predictions for 2017

    Here’s some good stuff from our colleagues in FIPP. Jon Watkins wades through the predictions for the advertising market in 2017 to identify some trends that could have a major impact on publishers over the next 12 months and beyond. Among all the advertising-trends stats and predictions for 2017, one theme in particular is constant: that […]

About Magazines Ireland

Trade association of Magazine Publishers of Ireland

What is Magazines Ireland? The objective of Magazines Ireland is to promote and protect the interests of magazine publishers and in particular its members. Who does Magazines Ireland represent? Magazines Ireland represents 35 Irish publishers who together produce over 175 magazines, both consumer and business to business titles. Magazines Ireland has created a strong, united voice for magazines here in Ireland and internationally. This united voice of Irish publishers has helped our members to grow their magazines and businesses through Magazines Ireland initiatives, by providing a forum for publishers to discuss their industry and to help it grow.

find out more - click here

iapi-logo

gould-logo
press-council-logo
med-street-logo
nfrn-irelnad
ppa-logo
emmr-logo
fipp-logo
rgdata-logo
central-copy-logo

csna-logo
asai-logo
abc-logo