INNOVATION STARTS WITH THE LEADER
Without leadership, training and rewards, innovation will not happen.
This chapter from the 7th annual edition of the Innovation in Magazine Media World Report looks at the culture within a company and how it is key to success.
Here’s a peek at the chapter:
- Innovation dies at the top.
- Without a leader who creates a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, creativity, and risk-taking, no one will feel safe enough or empowered enough to risk failing. Nothing will change because change will have no champions.
- Why should your boss care? Well, only because publishing companies that don’t change die.
- However, it’s not as easy as the leader issuing a memo: “We will be innovative.”
- The publisher or managing director must create priorities, organisational structures, work flows, teams, budgets, and rewards all aimed at creatively achieving innovative goals that ensure the company’s health in the 21st century.
- And then he or she must model that creative, innovative behaviour.
Download the chapter here:
FIPP Innovation in Magazine Media 2016-2017 World Report_CULTURE