Two newer media businesses founded by well-known veterans in the media world, DriveTribe and Tortoise, are now confirmed for DIS2019, taking place on 25-26 March in Berlin, Germany.
Book now to save with our exclusive Early Bird rate.
Jonathan Morris, CEO, will tell us more about DriveTribe, a platform created by the former Top Gear and now Grand Tour trio of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. The platform combines “content, social and commerce” to cater for the tastes of fans around the world.
Katie Vanneck-Smith, former Dow Jones global executive and now co-founder of Tortoise, a media startup with former BBC news director and Times editor James Harding and former US ambassador to Sweden and the UK Matthew Barzun. Positioned as a “slow news venture” with slogan, “Slow down. Wise up”, the Tortoise Kickstarter campaign quickly smashed original targets. Katie will share more about the venture at DIS.
Join them in Berlin in March to hear more.
Other speakers recently confirmed for DIS include:
- Markus Reithwiesner, CEO, Haufe, Germany. Markus will share his thoughts on the do’s and don’ts to be successful in today’s disruptive world.
- Thomas F. Ross, Partner, IBM Global Business Services, Media Industry Europe, will talk about Watson, AI and the media
- Bella Hurrell, Assistant Editor, Visual Journalism, BBC News, UK. Bella will speak about the future of journalism on the open web
- Hannah Williams, Editor, BBC Good Food, UK. Hannah will share insights from Good Food’s experience in voice, working with Amazon Alexa
- Robin Govik, Chief Digital Officer at MittMedia and Co-founder of United Robots, Sweden. Robin and the CEO at United Robots, Sören Karlsson, will speak about automation and why it is having more of an impact on editors than journalists
- Christoph Schmitz, Product Developer, Aller Media. Christoph will share lessons from Aller’s initial difficulties with erecting pay walls and highlight what publishers should think about when considering their options
- Olivier Burlot, CEO, Heart Media, Singapore. Olivier will talk about how he is tapping into crypto-currencies with his luxury brands
- Maike Abel, Head of Media Communications at Nestlé Germany will share how the brand views media in an ever-evolving world
- Jessica Rovello, Co-founder and CEO, Arkadium, USA will talk about fix ad models by reinventing content and putting the reader first
See the draft agenda here and list of speakers here.