Production & Design
25th September 2014
Mediateam has a vacant position for a 6 month minimum
contract for maternity cover with the possibility of full time or contract
after that time. The role primarily involves the production and design
of ShelfLife magazine and other similar layouts. Quark Express skills
are top of the wish list. Position available immediately. If you have
any interest please call Billy Huggard on 087 2586185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
maternity & infant Magazine and Website
5th March 2014
Ashville Media Group is looking for an experienced
professional to become the full-time Editor of maternity & infant magazine and
website. We are seeking a person with a passion for Ireland’s
longest running, premier maternity and parenting title, who is ready
to lead the print and online direction of the title and bring it to
the next level.
maternity & infant magazine is an award-winning bi-monthly title
with a rapidly developing website and long running, successful, national
awards event. It represents a complete, publishing model with strong
newsstand sales and exceptional levels of website traffic. For more
than 11 years the maternity & infant brand has been a trusted source
of expert information for mums-to-be and parents in the thick of it!
Combining great ideas, practical advices and fabulous fashion for mums
and kids, maternity & infant delivers the perfect package both
in print and online formats.
We are now in an exciting period of expansion
with this title and are looking for an experienced Editor who can
propel this change and integrate the strategy across all strands
of the maternity & infant
The Editor of maternity & infant will lead the print and online
development of the title while working alongside the events team in
developing and deploying the brand in a consistent manner. This is
a senior position, reporting to the Managing Editor and the Managing
Director. The Editor will be responsible for determining content that
reflects the distinctive maternity & infant brand.
Our ideal candidate
is an experienced professional who enjoys leading creative professionals
to produce excellent, inspiring content. This person should have a
full appreciation of print and online publications and a wider understanding
of evolving media channels.
• Lead and develop
the editorial direction of maternity & infant
• Devise and commission content that communicate in the distinctive
maternity & infant style
• Collaborate with the team to create and deliver a strategy
that increases the quality and reach of the print and digital output
• Play an instrumental role in realising the potential of
the synergies between the print, digital and award’s strands
of the maternity & infant brand and maximising revenues
• Deliver high standards of journalistic excellence and creative
• Editorial passion for creating and developing magazines
• Excellent knowledge of the subject matter, title and readership
• Experience managing contributors and working collaboratively
with the editorial and creative team
• Ability to build the brand creatively across all channels,
develop print and website strategies to measurably grow reach and revenue
• Embrace the core values of the publication and deliver
them appropriately across multiple platforms
• Substantial expertise in print and online media
• Excellent communication skills, including excellent writing
• Ability to lead website strategy to optimize content,
grow reach, and earn revenue.
• Develop a content strategy for print and online platforms.
• Understanding of analytics and other feedback data
and the ability to modify content strategy accordingly
• Ability to work within budgets and deadlines.
• InDesign CS6, Microsoft Word, experience with Content Management
Systems and HTML
• Preparation and management of flat-plans, timelines and
• Strong and demonstrable social media skills and SEO are
• 5 + years of experience in Editing for an established magazine
title and website
• Experience in managing internal and external contributors
• BA degree in journalism or similar
• Good connections in the editorial field
HOW TO APPLY
• A brief cover letter along with your CV and some samples
of your work to Mary Connaughton email@example.com
15th January 2014
Harmonia, Ireland's largest magazine
publisher is looking for a professional, motivated and successful
Advertising Sales Executive to work on a number of specialist titles.
Please note due to the number of applications received
we are unable to respond to all applications.
The following is a brief outline of the role and responsibilities;
* Report directly to the Commercial Director
* Work alongside a dedicated Sales Account Manager
* Generate revenues and achieve targets. Generate new business and
maximize existing accounts.
* Manage and develop client relationships
* Closing sales effectively and efficiently
Skills, Knowledge and Experience;
* Minimum of 2+ years of Media Sales experience is essential
* Knowledge of advertising marketplace in Ireland.
* Account Management
* Target Driven with a proven track record of achieving monthly sales
* Team Player who is proactive and has the ability to work on own initiative
* Outgoing professional with excellent communication skills who has
the ability to make a real impact on this successful title. The ability
to sell both on the phone and face to face.
* Experience working to deadlines and under pressure
* Excellent time management and organisational skills.
* Strong IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
Salary and benefits;
This is a target driven role with a basic salary DOE and a performance
driven commission structure
Please note only applicants who possess all required
experience and skills will be considered for the role.
If you meet all of the above criteria for
this vacancy and you are interested in applying for this role, please
forward your CV with the */subject ‘Advertising Sales Executive
Position’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
New to Ireland: Experienced
10th January 2014
I've recently moved from London and I am seeking work. Experienced
in all aspects of media and publishing, I've previously worked with
the likes of Archant and Trinity Mirror and have run my own company
up until relocating to Ireland.
As an accomplished Publisher, Commercial Manager,
Sales Director, Editor & Writer, I have a broad skillset and
a wealth of experience and industry knowledge.
I'm also innovative, creative and a fast learner. Open to ideas and
opportunities, I'm sure I can be an asset to the right company.
For more information please contact Karl at:
call 089 201 0937
6th January 2014
Hot Press is looking for exciting creative talent
in the field of art and design.
In an ideal world we'd find someone with tons of experience of In
Design, Photoshop, HTML who is quick, efficient, a good team player
with plenty of technical know-how and can deliver sweet and effective
design solutions across all the relevant platforms.
Are you experienced?
If have proven ability, know how to get through work fast, are quick
as well as creative, and think you have something new to bring to the
table, let us know.
Are you versatile?
We work in print, photography, the internet, mobile, tablet and broadcasting.
An ability to operate effectively across all of these disciplines
will be a distinct advantage. But let us make that decision. If you're
really good, we want to hear from you.
Have you managerial ability?
Have you been responsible for managing a studio or for taking projects
from inception to completion? Are you good at motivating people and
ensuring that the job gets done with time to spare? Let us know...
Are you capable of flourishing in the modern world of publishing?
The discipline of publishing has changed enormously over the past fifteen
years. Every publication has to have a strong online presence. Every
project has to be active in the digital space. We ideally want a
designer or page layout artist, who is bright, energetic and creative
enough to contribute in print and online. If you have a powerful
instinct for how to make things happen across all publishing platforms,
then we really do want to hear from you...
Don't feel that being young rules you out! We want someone special
to come through, so that we can make the most of our potential by allowing
you to make the most of yours...
Apply to: email@example.com with subject line Designer Application
If you want to send in digital portfolios etc please feel free to
do so via WeTransfer/Dropbox links but do clearly indicate your name
- See more at: http://www.hotpress.com/Hot-Press/news/Designers-Alert/10782028.html